Some management skills are great to have. Some are important to be effective. In addition, others are required for success. This program addresses this last group of critical management skills.
This session focuses on techniques for building and maintaining a successful team environment in an organization, identifying and solving programs, understanding, implementing, and managing change, and the basics of planning, organizing, and delegating for superior results.
Who Should Attend
- Department Heads
- Human Resource Management Professionals
You Will Learn
- To assess their own interpersonal style and its effectiveness
- The mechanics of work groups
- How to delegate effectively
- Creative problem-solving techniques
- To effectively manage change
- The essentials of human relations
- The techniques for working with people used by peers from other organizations
- How and why to get employees involved
- To set job objectives, organize resources and implement plans
- and much, much more!!!
Program Outline, Topics Covered
- Building Successful Work Teams
- Tune up your own ability to recognize the value of having different personalities on the team vs. everyone being "just alike"
- Recognize key differences in personalities and how they work well together or drive each other to distraction
- Learn why we need people who are different from one another to fill in for each other's weaknesses and capitalize upon strengths
- Planning, Organizing and Developing
- How to set goals and objectives
- Organizing resources in implement plans
- Giving job instructions, orders or directions effectively
- Empowerment through delegation
- Creative Problem Solving
- Make sure you know exactly what the problem is
- Brainstorming - matching different solutions to the problem
- Solutions - selecting the single best alternative
- Gaining acceptance - getting a consensus from everyone who must live with the selected solution
- Effectively Managing Change
- Why is change an important issue?
- Understanding the change - management process
- Proactive approaches to change obstackes
- Establishing specific approaches for successful change